Last week it had been my Son’s birthday and we planned to take the youngsters for a picnic to the lakeside park. We decided to make a salad and pack some sandwiches & drinks for the picnic. We prepared the sandwiches during the night and took alongside us for the morning trip. By mid-day we were at the lake. As we spread the sheets on the grass the youngsters felt hungry and demanding food. As I opened the basket I smelt something weird.
The sandwiches with chicken filling was offering unpleasant smell. The food had opted bad. To our fortune we figured out that it had gone bad and didn’t eat it. Such instances happen with each one of us in our daily life. We often prepare food in the home and then take it someplace else to be eaten. A lot of people cater from home and supply food to people. As the person preparing or handling the meals, it is your responsibility to ensure your food will not make the guests ill. Food poisoning is really a miserable and potentially dangerous experience.
You will need to take extra care if any small children, pregnant women, older people or anyone who’s ill will be coming to the function. This is because if anyone in these vulnerable groups gets food poisoning, they’re more likely to become seriously ill. 먹튀해시태그 Regardless of using fresh ingredients to prepare food, it goes bad so soon. Let’s find out what really went wrong?
The most common errors which result in food poisoning are:
Poor storage of Food
Cold foods not kept cold enough or hot foods hot enough
Not separating raw and ready-to-eat food
Food contamination can happen at any stage be it cooking, transportation and also storage. Inappropriate storage is often reported as the reason behind food poisoning outbreak. Food is left unrefrigerated for prolonged period which makes it prone to bacteria infestation. If you’re likely to prepare food for a large group ensure that you have an appropriate sized refrigerator and freezer to store food and you use proper wrapping paper and bags to store food.
Raw food and Ready to eat food should never be stored together. This escalates the risk of bacterial activity.
Cooked foods that need to be chilled ought to be cooled as fast as possible, preferably within an hour. Avoid putting them in the fridge until they are cool, because this will push up the temperature of the fridge. To cool hot food quickly, place it in the coolest place you can get – often not in the kitchen. Another way would be to put the meals in a clean, sealable container, and put it under a running cool water tap or in a basin of cold water, or use ice packs in cool bags. Where practical, reduce cooling times by dividing foods into small amounts.
After the food is prepared, getting it to where the function is being held can be quite a problem. This could be particularly difficult whenever there are large quantities of perishable food involved. Use cool boxes. You will also need to check that the facilities at where the function is being held are adequate for keeping hot foods hot and cold foods cold. Adequate fridge and cooker capacity there is just as important as in the house.
Cooking food thoroughly is the key to killing the majority of the parasites that cause food poisoning. Large meat joints or whole poultry are more difficult to prepare safely, so take special care with them.After having learnt all of this I realized why the picnic food got spoilt. I let the chicken sandwiches out unrefrigerated for much too long and I did not care to separate salads and ready to consume food. I could have used cool box for transporting the meals. But I guess we all learn from our bad experiences.